Click to Call
United Insurance Services, Inc.

13894 S Bangerter Pkwy #250
Draper, UT 84020

Get Directions

United Insurance Services, Inc. Blog

What Should I Do After a Car Accident?

If you have a car accident, it may help to think about what you should do afterward in advance. Not everyone can think about the appropriate steps when they are worried about the damage to the vehicles or some other problem. United Insurance Services, Inc. in Bluffdale, UT is happy to provide some suggestions on what to do after a car accident.

Steps To Take After A Car Accident

In the state of Utah, you would need to call the police after you are involved in a car accident. 

You, also, need to get information from the other person or people in the accident and witnesses, such as names, telephone numbers, addresses, and driver’s license numbers. Make a note of the date, time, and location of the accident, the road conditions, the make, model, and year of the vehicles involved, insurance companies and policy numbers, any damage and injury information, and what you saw and what happened. 

Contact your insurance company as soon as possible following the accident. 

Be certain to make notes in reference to your conversations with the insurance company, any police, lawyers, or other persons involved in the accident. 

Find out if you could get a rental vehicle, if you need one, with your insurance policy. 

If you have a disagreement with your insurance company about the amount of compensation you should get, contact your state insurance department. The Utah Insurance Department’s Property and Casualty Division can be reached at (800) 439-3805. 

Ask for a recommendation from your insurance company for a shop to repair any damages to your vehicle. Find out if they will pay you or the repair shop, too.

Give Us A Call

Contact United Insurance Services, Inc., serving the greater Bluffdale, UT community, to get an insurance policy that would help you if you have a car accident. They will be on your side and help you with your problem.